PLEASE REFER TO THE MASTER HOMEWORK PAGE FOR HOMEWORK ASSIGNED IN PREVIOUS CLASSES. LOOK BELOW FOR BOTH WEEKLY AND LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS GIVEN THIS CLASS AS WELL AS ONGOING TEXT READINGS
Don’t forget that the 1st stage ouf your Life Goals/Timeline Exercise- the Outline is due on Wednesday. We will discuss it in class.
Assignment #1: Following up on last weeks assignments around Mindset Do the following:
1. Looking at Astrid Baumgardner post #2: How to Develop the Growth Mindset: 4 Steps for Music Entrepreneurs To Achieve Success, take one of the fixed mindset thoughts that you noted in your log for last week and apply the four steps she recommends in this process.-Due Monday April 13
2. Looking a list of the tasks and skills required in your art that you did in last week’s homework, take one of the areas where your rating is below what you would like and do some reflection and writing about how the growth mindset might improve your access to or performance of this skill or task. Due Monday April 13
Assignment #2 Read the page from Savvy Musician about the entrepreneurial mindset (1 pg PDF attached)
Start a list of your skills based on the following 4 areas: -Due Monday April 13
- What are your Primary Artistic Skills?
- What are your Secondary Artistic skills?
- What are your Non-artistic skills- artistic, physical, cognitive, specialized and business-oriented?
- What Unique skills do you have?
Assignment #3– Prepare your “Elevator Speech”- Describe what is important about your art in 60 seconds or less. Remember to lead with your mission. (See Making Your Life As A Musician pg 64-68 for examples) Write it down. We’ll practice delivering them on Monday – Due Monday April 13
Assignment #4 -Do the “Survey the Field Exercise” described below– Submit assignment by email by Friday, April 17, Bring print out to class for discussion- Due Monday, April 20
Assignment: Look up 6-8 individuals who do what you aspire to do. Start a list that includes their names, brief description of their work and the professional affiliations. Be as specific as you can to your particular goals- for ex: not just any 6 jazz piano players, but piano players who play jazz & other styles, who also receive grants for composition, who live in New York Area.
ONGOING TEXT READINGS
“The War of Art” at least pg 1-40 Due Monday April 13
“Economies of Life” Chapter 3 21 pgs 1 hour read Due Wednesday, April 15
“Making Your Life as an Artist” (PDF of the Class Readings pg) Due Monday April 20